GLIF on Facebook

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:40:42 +0000
Over 4 Acres of Fishing and Hunting Gear, Outdoor Travel, Fishing Boats, Seminars, Displays and Features. Go to UltimateSportShow.com for details, schedules and advance tickets.
Mon, 19 Feb 2024 15:51:22 +0000
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) reminds anglers that ice shanty removal deadlines are approaching.
Thu, 15 Feb 2024 13:30:10 +0000
Ready for some outdoor fun with family and friends? Join in this winter’s Michigan Free Fishing Weekend – Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 17-18, 2024

Advertisement

Recent posts

General Ice Fishing Discussion / Outdoorama 2024 almost here - ...
Last post by djkimmel - January 16, 2024, 03:40:11 PM
Outdoorama 2024 is coming soon - February 22 - 25, at Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi. I'll be there in booth 5767 with GLBass and GLIF stuff. Come on down and bring the whole family.

More details: https://www.greatlakesicefishing.com/outdoorama-2024-coming-to-town-february-22-25/
General Ice Fishing Discussion / Seminar Schedule posted for 20...
Last post by djkimmel - January 03, 2024, 09:49:12 AM
The Seminar Schedule has been posted for the upcoming 2024 Ultimate Fishing Show in Novi at the Suburban Collection Showplace. Click the link to get the latest schedule from the Showspan website.

There's a handful of ice fishing-specific seminars included in a wide range of interesting free seminars, including pike spearing and ice fishing for walleye.
General Ice Fishing Discussion / Huge Ice Fishing Section at th...
Last post by djkimmel - January 01, 2024, 04:31:07 PM
It's almost here! The 2024 Ultimate Fishing Show Detroit runs January 11-14 in Novi at the Suburban Collection Showplace.

Once again, there'll be a HUGE ice fishing section at the show in the SE corner of the building. Tons of shanties and everything else you need for safe ice, whenever we get that around Southern Michigan.

GLIF will be in the Great Lakes Bass Booth 3054 only an aisle or two over from the ice fishing section. Look for us in the 3000 aisle next door to F.I.S.H. Xtreme Bass Tackle.

Hours are Thursday, January 11: 1pm - 8pm, Friday: 12pm - 8pm, Saturday: 10am - 8pm and Sunday, January 14: 10am - 5pm. Suburban Collection Showplace is at 46100 Grand River Ave, Novi, MI 48347.

See you there!
General Ice Fishing Discussion / Huge Ice Fishing section at 20...
Last post by djkimmel - January 07, 2023, 03:18:12 PM
Get ready for it! The 2023 edition of the Ultimate Fishing Show features a huge ice fishing show within the show! Make room on your calendar to come to the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, Michigan from Thursday, January 12 - Sunday, January 15.

Hours
Thu Jan 12 1pm-8pm
Fri Jan 13 12pm-8pm
Sat Jan 14 10am-8pm
Sun Jan 15 10am-5pm

Make sure and stop by the GreatLakesBass.com / GLIF booth 3054 next door to Xtreme Bass Tackle near the SE corner of the halls first section up from the East concession stand.
General Ice Fishing Discussion / Clinton River Cut-Off Ramp to ...
Last post by djkimmel - December 22, 2022, 10:49:07 AM
The Michigan DNR Parks and Recreation Division just informed us that the renovations at the Clinton River Cut-Off Boating Access Site remain behind schedule. Because the entire boat ramp lot is under construction, it will remain closed through May 2023. This means the site will be closed for the entire 2022-23 ice fishing season!

The CRCO is a very popular ice fishing access point. This will definitely impact access to Lake St. Clair. No safe ice reports yet for the big lake, but if you are planning on safely and carefully checking the lake in another week or so, please plan for not being able to access the lake from the CRCO. This is the DNR boat ramp at Ballard St.
General Ice Fishing Discussion / 2023 Ultimate Sport Show Tour ...
Last post by djkimmel - October 28, 2022, 08:50:08 AM
The 2023 editions of Michigan's Ultimate Sport Show Tour - the three biggest, highly attended fishing and outdoor sport shows in Michigan, are only a couple months from beginning!

First up, the 2023 Ultimate Fishing Show - Detroit is January 12 to the 15th, 2023, at Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi! I'll be there at the GreatLakesBass.com / GLIF booth. I'll post the booth number as soon as I know. We might not have ice safe everywhere by then so you might as well come on down and talk fishing! Ice fishing tackle and gear are a big part of all three shows these days!

Outdoorama, the All Outdoors Show shows up second, running February 23 - February 26 also in Novi at the Suburban Collection Showplace! Every kind of outdoors person attends, so I need more anglers showing up to talk fishing! Especially if you can't get on the ice everywhere yet.

The  elder statesman of all outdoor shows - the 78th Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 9 - 12, 2023 at DeVos Place. Always lots of open water and ice fishing stuff at this big, big show. It's worth the drive. Make sure you stop by and say hello!

More information is forthcoming as it becomes available from Showspan. Keep up with the latest news, announcements, contests and promotions here, and on Facebook at Ultimate Sport Show Tour.
Just got the notice today due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic's effect on capacity levels and patron flow Showspan has pulled the plug on the 2021 Outdoorama that was scheduled for February 25-28.

The next Outdoorama will be February 24-27, 2022.

The hope for the 2021 Ultimate Fishing Show - Detroit, rescheduled for March 25-28, can go on with the further advanced vaccination programs. We will let everyone know as soon as we know.
From Lansing News 6 WLNS reported the 2021 Midwest Open Ice Fishing Tournament has been canceled. Originally scheduled for Sunday, January 31, the event has been postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions. It was also noted that Canadian teams would not be able to participate this year due to travel restrictions.

The Brooklyn, Michigan area tournament is believed to have the biggest ice fishing payout in the country. It appears they will wait until winter 2022 to try again. This is the second year in a row the big event has been canceled.

Details on the 2022 Midwest Open Ice Fishing Tournament will be available at www.midwestopentournament.com in the coming weeks.
Community News / Ultimate Sport Show Grand Rapi...
Last post by djkimmel - March 14, 2020, 11:49:43 PM
Due to the Friday, March 13 Executive Order by Governor Whitmer, the March 19-22, 2020 Ultimate Sport Show Grand Rapids has been POSTPONED! The order right now states no events or gatherings of 250 or more persons through April 5.

Don't think we'll know anything more until we reach that date and see how things are going. I did see the Michigan cases of coronavirus went from 2 to around 33 in a matter of days. Also so a picture from East Lansing yesterday/today of a huge crowd lined up to get in the door of a bar. They may be getting some heat there because it appears the authorities are taking this thing seriously.

Cross your fingers things work out for the better, and soon.
Community News / Outdoorama 2020 starts today F...
Last post by djkimmel - February 27, 2020, 10:41:39 AM
Stop by booth 5761 (2nd aisle from the west wall) at Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi today starting at 1PM for Outdoorama 2020! I'll be there all 4 days. Xtreme Bass Tackle is nearby in booth 5765.

Franks Great Outdoors and Anglersmart are both there with tons of ice fishing jigs, tackle and gear! There's more ice fishing stuff at Outdoorama this year than ever before from what I saw in my quick walk-around last night after setting up my booth. Come check it out!

Outdoorama 2020 Detroit
SUBURBAN COLLECTION SHOWPLACE
46100 GRAND RIVER DR
NOVI MI 48374

Thursday, February 27 - 1PM - 9PM
Friday, February 28 - 11AM - 9PM
Saturday, February 29 - 10AM - 8PM
Sunday, March 1 - 10AM - 5PM